Sunday 21 November 2010

Zero Care Factor

I think if there was an occupation which the main task consisted of being lazy, I'd be the king of it.

Or queen.

Either way I think inbuilt in part of people is the tendency to not care when things matter. I find that with myself lately that a lot of things I have put a lot of time in there is an expire date on how much I care about it. It seems with the stuff that takes up regular time, 4 years seems to be the limit.

Once I've been with something / organisation / ministry for 4 years it seems that I step out of it. For instance, the Uni student organisation I was heavily involved in (AIESEC) was 4 years. Circumstances did influence reason for finishing it off. Also stopping involvement in it as an active member was the best thing when it came to my relationship with God.

The four year thing seems to be the same for youth group now, started in 2007 and finishing off this year because I won't really be in Perth the first half of next year.

Perhaps the lowered care factor is my mechanism to move on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where will you be??

Unknown said...

I'll be at Mount Keith (~80km south of Wiluna, WA). It's a Nickel mine. The processing facility has been redesigned and I'm there to help commission the new sections.