Monday 24 May 2010

Divorce

.

There's so much to say on this topic, but it's ridiculously sobering/frustrating/heavy/whywhywhywhy!?

When I look first at how God views and feels about marriage, and then divorce, I totally understand the gravity and sacredness of marriage! I also get how God sees non-married people too, and understand that those in that circumstance has to take their current status seriously too.

However on the topic of this post, it makes me sick that it exists, that it happens, and is happening..

Marriage is awesome and a great blessing, between a man and woman (only).

But when you look at the statistics and the broken relationships...even amongst Christians..garh!

It's impossible without Christ.

Take marriage seriously and with thankfulness, and even more so never ever take divorce lightly....if you are willing, do not even consider that option!

Christ has restored the relationship between God and us, our relationships should be motivated to reflect him.

If you have something to say about the topic, comment! I'll be interested to see if there is something new that I have not thought about it yet.

No comments: